Monday, September 17, 2018

Why Do We Fall For It?

So, I was watching some TV this weekend, and saw an ad for Michael's. 

I instantly perked up because I am a sucker for artsy/craftsy things.  I noticed that they were having this MEGA sale...up to 70% off regular price.  And this got me thinking.  I have been in Michael's and other stores, the biggest one that comes to mind is Kohl's, and seen the huge % off signs and thought wow what a sale...but now I always start to think, but wait...who EVER pays the regular price for these items.  I know you are saying this is the regular price, but shouldn't the "regular" price be the price where you can actually sell it? 

Image result for Michael's Sale

After sitting there and thinking about this for a while, I started to feel duped.  I mean, obviously I don't trust stores and their "sales" regularly, but dang, I really started to feel like this is some big conspiracy.  I am sure there is some "psychological" reason for why they do this, I mean they totally sucked me in at first too.  It just seems so manipulative.  Maybe it is just because I have a different mindset now, after finally sitting down and taking a hard look around my home, as well as my bank account and the past 5 years of credit card statements and saying, ENOUGH, but I wonder how many other people actually feel this way?  Am I alone is feeling like they are trying to pull a fast one?

Image result for Budget


No comments:

Post a Comment